Bermudian parliamentarians debated an amendment to the Human Rights Act banning sexual orientation discrimination and banning certain instances of age discrimination. Thanks to the Bermemes website I was able to listen to much of the conversation via live stream while at work; it was enheartening to feel included in this historic moment. An added bonus: the Bermudian accents, I don't hear those often enough! After a full day of debates, the majority of MPs seem set to approve the amendment.
Here in Rhode Island, Providence PrideFest kicks off tonight, and we're in for a weekend full of events. Having recently passed a same-sex marriage bill, there's much to celebrate and to be proud of in the Ocean State this year!
This blog is about my passion for food and cities, and it is not my intention to politicize my little corner of the web. I'm merely grateful that there are so many people out there bravely fighting for love, equality and justice.
Now, back to my regularly scheduled programing: a delicious and healthy breakfast recipe. Overnight oats recipes are among my favorite go-to workday breakfasts, and this PB&J version is delicious!
PB&J Overnight Oats
Servings: 1 Serving Size: It's all yours! Points Plus*: 4 pts(Adapted from Skinnytaste.com)
Ingredients
1/4 cup Uncooked quick oats1/2 cup Unsweetened almond milk
1 tbsp PB2 (powdered peanut butter)
1 tbsp Reduced sugar strawberry spread/jam
1 tsp Chia seeds
1 Handful of fruit (I had frozen, unsweetened blueberries on hand this week.)
Directions
Overnight oats are quick and easy to mix up right before bed. Toss all of your ingredients into one travel sized, sealable container.![]() |
| I had a chia seeds spill! |
![]() |
| Only half the teaspoon of chia seeds made it into this batch IN the measuring spoon. |
Serving Suggestion:
I don't like my food super sweet, there's enough sugar in the fruit spread and blueberries for me. If you like your breakfast on the sweeter side, though, you could add a little of your favorite sweetener to the recipe.
*PointsPlus values calculated using the Recipe Builder on the Weight Watchers website




No comments:
Post a Comment