Saturday, July 20, 2013

Bermuda Shorts: Slow Roasted Tomatoes

* The "Bermuda Shorts" series is a space for short posts, simple recipes and amusing anecdotes.

I bought some tomatoes on Sunday. Actually, I bought LOTS of assorted cherry and Roma tomatoes. Simply because they were pretty! I spent hours scouring Pinterest for tomato recipes this week as a result. In that process I came across Smitten Kitchen's post for slow roasted tomatoes.

"What?" you ask, incredulously. "You turned on your oven for three hours during this heatwave?!"

Well, as Smitten Kitchen tells us, slow roasting the tomatoes won't add that much more heat to your already too hot kitchen.


Slow Roasted Tomatoes

Servings: Will vary depending on your use Serving Size: ~ Points Plus*: 3 pts, whole tray
(adapted from Smitten Kitchen

Ingredients


Cooking spray
~2 cups Cherry Tomatoes, halved
~1/2 tbsp Olive oil
~1 tsp Garlic paste
~1/2 tsp Basil paste
~1 tsp Balsamic vinegar
Dash salt and pepper

Directions 


Preheat your oven to 225°, and prepare a baking sheet with cooking spray. Gently mix all of your ingredients in a bowl, then spread the tomatoes evenly on baking sheet. Bake tomatoes for 2.5 to 3 hours. Enjoy! They're delicious by themselves, with eggs, in wraps, and tossed with pasta.

Slow roasted tomatoes with tuna salad on a wrap

*PointsPlus values calculated using the Recipe Builder on the Weight Watchers website

No comments:

Post a Comment