![]() |
| Sunrise (May 9th, 2013. New Orleans) |
My name: Diana
childhood ambition: Poet, artist, therapist, mother of 7
fondest memory: Sunday afternoons spent sipping milkshakes with my mom and sister on the red vinyl stools at the lunch counter in our family's restaurant. My dad was one of the cooks, and the walls and tables were covered in giant collages of old family photos. I'm still chasing their mac & cheese, but the recipe died with my Great Uncle Kenny.
soundtrack: 90's alternative rock makes me happy
retreat: My couch or Whale Bay Beach, Bermuda
wildest dream: I want to work with Mindy Kaling. On what? I dunno. Anything. That woman is smart AND hilarious!
proudest moment: Receiving my college acceptance letter
biggest challenge: Convincing my dog that I'm the pack leader (the battle is ongoing)
alarm clock: Phone calls from my dad on weekdays, "Walk me" whining from my dog on weekends
perfect day: Simple. Delicious.
first job: Babysitting
indulgence: Food, glorious food!
last purchase: Spinach and almond milk
favorite movie: I prefer TV shows. "Friends" is my all time favorite series!
inspiration: Happiness
My life will always be well seasoned.
My card is a "Buy 10 get 1 free" sandwich/taco/frozen yogurt punch card.
I'm feeling pretty good about thirty, and I am feeling really good about the dessert recipe that I'm about the share with you. Ready for it? Vegan Peanut Butter Banana Ice Cream. I know, I know. This doesn't sound all that delicious. I promise it is, though. I can't get enough of this healthy frozen treat!
Vegan Peanut Butter Banana Ice Cream
Servings: 1 Serving Size: It's all yours! Points Plus*: 3 pts(adapted from Undressed Skeleton)
Ingredients:
1/4 cup Unsweetened almond milk (or sweetened if you prefer)1 tbsp PB2 (powdered peanut butter)
1/2 tbsp Chocolate PB2
1/2 Large banana, frozen
Directions:
Gather your ingredients. If you don't have PB2, use 1.5 Tbsp of your favorite nut butter. Substitutions will, of course, change the Points Plus value of this recipe.Put bananas in your food processor and pulse a few times before adding almond milk. The first time I made this for dessert I combined the bananas and milk at the same time, and milk splattered everywhere. If you are using a blender or larger food processor you might not run into this problem. Add the PB2 powders and continue blending until smooth. Mixture will be thick and creamy.
Transfer the mixture to a freezer safe bowl and freeze for 30 minutes to an hour. Stir every 15-20 minutes, to check consistency.
When the ice cream has a soft serve consistency, it's ready to be devoured- I mean, enjoyed!
Serving Suggestions:
I'd wager that folding in a couple of tablespoons of your favorite toppings would be delicious. I need need to add mini chocolate chips to my grocery shopping list so that I can give this idea a try.
*PointsPlus values calculated using the Recipe Builder on the Weight Watchers website






No comments:
Post a Comment